Keeping your CPAP machine and all of its equipment and accessories clean can help to ensure optimal sleep therapy effectiveness and your health.
- The VirtuClean CPAP mask cleaner device is a small device that is easily accessible and able to travel with you to help you maintain a sanitized sleep on the go. This machine can be easily stowed in a small bag or tote along with your CPAP to help you have the peace of mind of knowing that even while you are on vacation or away from home that you can still be getting the best and most hygienic sleep possible by daily use of the VirtuClean. Despite the small size of the VIrtuClean, it still can disinfect your CPAP mask, tubing, headgear, and water reservoir every day. It will kill more than 99% of all the germs, bacteria, molds, viruses, and fungi that might be living in your CPAP equipment.
- The VirtuCLEAN works by using a two-step process.
- Step 1: Disinfecting your face mask, and all of the tubing
- You do this step by disconnecting the tubing from your CPAP machine and placing then end with your mask and headgear into the bag that came with your VirtuClean. You leave out the end that you unhooked from the CPAP and connect that end to the VirtuClean device. You turn the CPAP mask cleaner on with the press of a button and let it go through its 30-minute disinfection cycle. After a brief 5-minute air out cycle, your equipment is ready to be used. You should sanitize your mask daily.
- Step 2 Sanitizing your water reservoir.
- This step starts by emptying your humidifier chamber of water and wiping it dry and placing it back into the CPAP machine. Next, you will want to disconnect the face mask and headgear from the end of your CPAP tube. Now you will connect that end to your VirtuClean device. You turn on the VirtuClean and allow it to go through the sanitization cycle. You should sanitize your humidifier reservoir at least once a week.
- Step 1: Disinfecting your face mask, and all of the tubing
- During those two steps, the VirtuClean pumps ozone into the hose which then cycles through the tubing into the chamber created by the bag or into the water tank. Ozone is oxygen that has been transformed by adding an extra oxygen molecule making it activated oxygen. Unlike regular oxygen when is safe to breathe and essential to much of life on earth, activated oxygen is not more hostile, and in the right concentration, it can create an environment where nothing can live. That is how the VirtueClean can sanitize your equipment so thoroughly. The VirtuClean device pumps ozone into the chamber until the concentration is high enough to eradicate all of the germs and unwanted contaminates.
- The SoClean CPAP mask sanitizer is an all-inclusive machine that works by cleaning your CPAP equipment on a fully automated process. The device its self is made to set on the same surface as your CPAP machine. Because of the nature of how the SoClean utilizes your equipment to help it sanitize, you do not need to disconnect any of the tubing or hoses for it to work.
- Unlike the other CPAP cleaning devices on the market, the SoClean does not require any disassembly of your CPAP gear. All that you will need to do is place your CPAP mask and headgear into the chamber. Next, you close the lid and press the start button. You can watch the cycle lights that indicate where the device is in the disinfection process. When the sanitization is complete, you will be able to immediately use your completely dry and germ-free mask as well as enjoy the knowledge that all of your gear has been disinfected.
- Comparable to the VirtuClean, the SoClean utilizes the cleaning power of ozone. The chamber that you place your CPAP mask in fills with activated oxygen pushing it down the tubing and into your water reservoir making sure to sanitize all of the surfaces in your equipment. This process ensures 99.9% illumination of all harmful particles and reassures that you are getting the healthiest CPAP therapy available to you.
- The Lumin CPAP mask and accessories cleaner is a larger device that houses a fail-safe UV light chamber. The device itself has to be large enough to house most CPAP masks with their headgear and humidifier reservoir. The unit can set on your bedside table or on a shelf where you feel comfortable taking your equipment to go through the sanitization process.
- Cleaning your CPAP mask with the Lumin is a quick one-step process. First, you disconnect your CPAP tubing from the CPAP machine and place the hose and your CPAP mask as well as the headgear into the chamber of the Lumin. Next, you will disconnect the water reservoir from your CPAP machine and empty it wiping it down to dry it off. You will then place the humidifier tank into the Lumin’s light chamber. Now you will close the chamber and press the start button to begin the sanitization cycle. In just five short minutes your CPAP mask and all of the accessories will be disinfected and ready to use immediately.
- Unlike the VirtuClean or the SoClean, the Lumin does not use ozone or activated oxygen to sanitize your equipment. The Lumin utilizes the disinfecting power of Ultra Violet (also known as UV) light instead. UV light is a spectrum of light that is in the sunlight at lower levels. When these levels are concentrated or focused in one area, the powerful beam affects organisms on a cellular level stopping the ability to reproduce in an organism’s DNA. By utilizing the UV light’s ability to end life on such a microscopic level, we can sterilize all sorts of different items. Scientific labs, dentists, and even surgical and medical teams use this type of disinfecting on their tools and equipment.
- The Lumin uses high powered UV light inside of the failsafe chamber to sanitize your CPAP mask, headgear and tubing. It can kill over 99% of the bacteria, mold, fungus, or viruses that can be in your CPAP equipment. The Lumin CPAP mask cleaner can serve multiple purposes outside of just CPAP machine accessory sanitization. By placing other items into the Lumin’s UV light chamber, you can disinfect them as well. Eyeglasses, toothbrushes, and hearing aids are just a few examples of other items that would fit into the sanitization chamber of the Lumin.
- As designed, the Lumin does not need any replacement parts or new light bulbs. The bulbs can be replaced if needed but were made to last the lifetime of the Lumin. Though the Lumin CPAP mask cleaner does disinfect all the areas in the chamber, if any debris got into the light tray you would want to wipe that area down with a soft cloth.