View All CPAP Cleaners
Keeping your CPAP machine and all of its equipment and accessories clean can help to ensure optimal sleep therapy effectiveness and your health. Keeping your CPAP gear Clean is vital. When you use your CPAP, you are going to be breathing in air that your CPAP pushes through your equipment. That air is warmed and humidified for your comfort, but those added comforts also add a small amount of danger as well. You will want to keep your facemask and other pieces of your CPAP gear as clean as you possibly can.
Why Cleaning Your CPAP is So Vital
By sanitizing your equipment, you can aid in the prevention of being exposed to a few of the following problems.
- Increased allergy issues
- Foul Odors
- Increased risk for flu, cold, or pneumonia
- Damage to equipment caused by contamination build up
Why Use a CPAP Cleaner
Most manufacturers recommend that you clean your face mask for your CPAP daily and that your hose and water reservoir be cleaned at least once a week. The process for cleaning any of your CPAP equipment can be time-consuming, messy, and unreliable.
Some other reasons to use a CPAP cleaner:
- No sinks or tubs full of water mean that the device is less messy
- No soaking or need to allow your items to air dry means that the machine can save you time
- No cleansers, detergents, sponges, or brushes means that unit can save you money in the long run
- With fewer items and steps, the cleaning process is easier
- When manual cleaning anything, spots can be missed. With the CPAP cleaning device, 99.9% of all the germs are guaranteed to be killed every time you use the sanitization unit.
With a CPAP sanitization device, it can make the daily sanitization of your gear easy, convenient and foolproof. These devices will help you be able to create a daily cleaning regiment that will fit your lifestyle. Having this routine will help to ensure that using your CPAP for sleep therapy will be not only clean and healthy but effective.
The VirtuCLEAN is a portable, lightweight CPAP cleaner. This device is small and efficient. It uses activated oxygen, otherwise known as Ozone to eradicate over 99% of the bacteria or germs that can sometimes be found in CPAP equipment. This device uses no cleaning solutions. You will not need to add soap or water. The VirtuCLEAN does all the work with no added aids. This sanitization machine cleans your CPAP without a lot of added noise. The motor on the CPAP cleaner is quiet so that it does not disturb you while it completes its task.
When you purchase the VirtuCLEAN, it includes a charging cable and the travel bag. It is a small device with its largest dimension being less than five inches and weighing less than half a pound. With the few added items (the chord and the bag), this unit is ideal for those CPAP users who like to travel. You will find that it is so convenient to use at home that you will not want to miss out on the peace of mind that it can bring even when you are away.
How the VirtuCLEAN Sanitizes Your CPAP
- The VirtuCLEAN uses Ozone, more commonly called activated oxygen or O3. It is an aggressive form of gas that is often used to sterilize medical equipment, scientific laboratories and their tools, and food prep areas. Ozone is the normal oxygen that we regularly breathe but with one added oxygen molecule. By attaching the additional oxygen molecule, the standard oxygen becomes unbreathable and gains the power to damage cellular walls on most living things. The VirtuCLEAN utilizes this gas, activated oxygen, by isolating a small area and flooding it with the O3. This allows for the ozone to build up its concentration level causing it to eliminate all bacteria, molds, viruses or even fungus that it encounters. Once the concentration level of activated oxygen is high enough to start killing bacteria, it will not take long for it to kill 99.9% of all unwanted contaminants.
How to use The VirtuCLEAN
By using the VirtuCLEAN, you will be able to avoid all of the issues accompanied by manually cleaning your CPAP machine. Here we will demonstrate the two-step process.
- Step one: Cleaning your CPAP’s tube, facemask, and headgear
- Disconnect your CPAP tubing from the CPAP machine
- Connect the end of your CPAP hose that you just removed from your CPAP device to the VirtuCLEAN unit.
- Place your headgear, facemask, and as much of the tube as possible into the travel back that came with your VirtuCLEAN CPAP cleaner.
- Press the start button on the device and let it run for 30 minutes.
Congratulations! Your CPAP equipment is now freshly sterilized and ready for immediate use. This process should be done every day for optimal hygiene levels to be maintained.
- Sep two: Sanitizing your humidifier’s water chamber
- Remove and empty your humidifier’s water reservoir.
- Wipe out any remaining water droplets.
- Place the humidifier tank back into its proper position.
- Disconnect the tubing from the end of your mask and place it on the CPAP machine.
- Press the start button on the VirtuCLEAN Device and let it run for the 30-minute disinfection cycle.
Your CPAP humidifier is now ready to be used. You will want to sanitize your water tank at least once a week.
Because the VirtuCLEAN does not use any liquids for its cleaning process, and it does not use heat for sterilization, the items that were cleaned are available to be used without having to wait for your CPAP mask or any of the other equipment to dry or to cool down. Once the disinfection process is complete, you are able to start using the items as soon as you need.
The Lumin is a CPAP equipment and accessories sanitizer. The system is designed to kill all germs and harmful contaminants that are in your CPAP facemask, headgear, hose, or humidifier water tank. With the press of a button and 5 minutes, the process is complete, and your items are ready to be used.
Like other CPAP cleaners, the Lumin does not use any chemicals, solvents, or detergents to sanitize your CPAP’s equipment. Instead, this device utilizes the sterilization power of Ultra Violet (also known as UV) Light. By trapping a significant amount of the UV light in its fail-safe disinfection tray, the Lumin can eradicate contaminants in just 5 minutes. It is not only fast but also simple.
The Lumin CPAP sanitization device may be the easiest and quickest method of disinfecting the equipment for your CPAP. This CPAP cleaner has only a 5 minute cycle time. It is ozone free. It also guarantees that over 99% of all pathogens, bacteria, mold, viruses, and fungus are killed.
How the Lumin sterilizes your CPAP machine
- The Lumin uses Ultra Violet Light to sanitize your CPAP equipment and accessories. UV is a different type of light that can be found in the sunshine. Unlike the light that is produced from a light bulb in our homes, UV light is not detectable by the human eye. When used at a more concentrated strength, UV light can sanitize all different types of equipment and tools. Hospitals, doctor’s offices, dentist’s offices, food prep factories, and scientific laboratories all utilize UV light to help disinfect all of their utensils and work areas. Ultra Violet light can sterilize things by destroying bacteria, mold, and fungus on a cellular level. The light kills the cells by preventing them from reproducing and damaging their molecular makeup causing them to die.
- The Lumin CPAP sanitizer is designed to utilize UV light in a fail-safe chamber where you can put the CPAP hose, facemask, humidifier water tank, and other household items that will fit inside. After placing the various pieces of equipment inside the disinfection area, you will shut the lid to allow the compartment to be flooded with a high concentration of UV light. The light will cover all the items in the container for the full sanitization cycle. Once the disinfection process is complete, everything that was in the UV chamber will be 99.9% free of unwanted bacteria and germs.
- When you buy the Lumin, the box will contain the CPAP cleaning device. It’s charging cable is attached to it, and there are no other parts or accessories that come with it. Because this machine has no maintenance or upkeep required, you will find no added parts or pieces need to be included.
- The Lumin is an average size device. It is just over 12 inches tall and a little over 8 inches wide. The unit weighs only under 5.5 pounds. With such small dimensions, it will be easy to find a place for such a critical and useful device in your home.
How to use The Lumin CPAP Cleaner
- These are the steps to utilize your Lumin CPAP sanitizer properly:
- Plug the device’s power chord into a wall outlet
- Remove the water chamber from your CPAP machine and empty it.
- Wipe out any remaining water droplets from the humidifier’s water reservoir.
- Place both sides of the water tank facing up. Next place your CPAP mask with the portion that touches your face pointing up. (once a week you may want to disassemble your face mask and position all the pieces into the chamber for more thorough sterilization.)
- If you notice that your CPAP mask or any of the accessories that you are sanitizing are soiled in any way, you will want to wipe them off thoroughly with a damp cloth before placing them into the chamber.
- Once you have put all of your CPAP equipment into the Lumin, you will want to close the chamber drawer.
- Now you will want to push the round power button. Doing this will cause the cycle-on red light to turn on. This is indicating that the sanitization cycle has been started and should take about 5-minutes to complete.
- A small glow of light will be visible through the oval window located at the top of the Lumin. This light will only be visible while the disinfection is taking place.
- After the 5 minutes are complete, the Lumin will beep, and the light in the chamber will not be on anymore. The red indicator light will turn green to signal that the end of the cycle has been reached and the sterilization of the items inside has been completed.
- You can remove all of the things from your Lumin. There is no waiting period needed, and your CPAP equipment and accessories are now ready to use.
It is important to note that the Lumin has multiple uses. Unlike most CPAP sanitizers, the Lumin can disinfect more than just your CPAP gear. Some other items that can be cleaned by the Lumin include dentures, flossers, toothbrushes, hearing aids, eyeglasses, sunglasses, or anything that you can put into the light tray in the sanitizing device.
Choose a CPAP Sanitizer Today
Now that you know the benefits of having one of these devices could offer you, choose one of the CPAP sanitizers that you think would best meet your needs. Let a CPAP sanitizer help make your life a little simpler and healthier at the same time. Whether you choose the VirtuCLEAN and its sanitization abilities with the use of ozone, or the Lumin and its sterilization capabilities with its utilization of UV light, you will not be disappointed. Once you have included one of these devices into your cleaning routine, you can rest assured knowing that while you are using your CPAP, that you have maintained the healthiest environment possible. Knowing that your sleep therapy is at its most effective and that the air you are breathing is completely clean will give you the peace of mind that you deserve.