Table of Contents
CPAP Cleaners, Accessories, and Tips to Get the Most from Your Machine
If you’re one of the millions of Americans that suffer from sleep apnea, finding relief with a CPAP machine is essential. Positive airway pressure can help you to breathe easy during the night, offsetting many of the health risks that are associated with apnea.
A CPAP machine works best when kept clean, which has made CPAP cleaners extremely popular in recent years. Find out about these helpful devices, accessories, and other tips that can help you to sleep better and live a fuller life.
CPAP Cleaners – How They Work and the Benefits they Provide
All CPAP machines require regular cleaning. The air that you breathe out can contain pathogens. Humidity in your mask and tube could promote the growth of bacteria and viruses.
CPAP cleaning was once a rather arduous task, but it has been made much easier with the availability of affordable CPAP cleaners. There are a few devices that you should consider if you’re a first-time CPAP user.
- The VirtuClean is a highly portable battery-operated CPAP cleaner. It uses ozonated air to clean your mask and filter. This is an excellent choice if you travel often or simply want something small and affordable to use at home. The original VirtuClean model is currently offered for a discount, allowing you to get hospital-grade cleaning on a budget.
- The SoClean is a tabletop cleaner that works automatically to sanitize your CPAP equipment. This CPAP cleaner costs more than the market average, but its quality and features are worth the investment. It doesn’t use water or any chemicals, making it the ideal device for people with busy lifestyles.
- The Lumin CPAP Cleaner is another popular option. It uses UV light to kill 99% of bacteria and other pathogens. Although it’s not portable, it’s a great tabletop unit that is simple to use and care for. Your equipment is placed directly in a cleaning drawer and a full cleaning cycle lasts just five minutes. It’s the ideal choice for mask and tube cleaning.
You can view all your options online at Best CPAP Cleaner.
Essential Accessories for CPAP Machine Users
Accessories can help you to clean and maintain your machine, or even provide you with better sleep quality.
- Invest in a specialized CPAP pillow to avoid any discomfort when using your full face mask.
- Keep backup tubes and masks at home so that you can easily replace yours when they start to wear down.
- CPAP cleaner wipes can provide quick sterilization for tubes, humidifiers, and masks. Wipes are readily available at drug stores.
- If you use a portable CPAP cleaner, be sure to keep a charger on hand at all times. Portable cleaners charge via a standard Micro-USB cable. You can use your cell phone charger or even a portable battery power bank.
Tips for Getting the Most from CPAP Therapy
With some simple tips, you can get more out of your CPAP cleaner, CPAP machine, and any accessories that you buy.
Before you invest in any CPAP equipment, ensure that you have visited your doctor for a full diagnosis. Even if you meet some of the common symptoms of sleep apnea, there could be another underlying issue that needs to be addressed. If you have been diagnosed with apnea and have purchased a CPAP machine, you can use the following tips to help you get the most from your treatment.
- Read the user manual for your CPAP machine and follow all instructions. If you aren’t using your machine properly, you won’t enjoy all the benefits that it can provide.
- Keep your device sterilized with a CPAP cleaner. This will prevent the buildup of pathogens in a CPAP cleaner that could be harmful to your health.
- Always keep your machine humidified. The water chamber should be filled according to the manufacturer’s instructions. This will prevent dry and itchy throat.
- Replace your filter at least every 6 – 12 months. If you have a washable filter, check it regularly and clean it with hot, soapy water every 2 – 4 weeks.
- Contaminants in tap water could cause damage to your humidifier and water chamber. Use filtered or distilled water to prolong the life of your CPAP machine.
- Replace your mask every 1 – 3 months. Materials can break down over time, compromising the seal on your mask.
If you find that your CPAP treatment is not working or if the results aren’t as you expected, talk to your doctor in the first instance. Treating apnea is a long and sometimes life-lasting process. It’s essential that you take all steps to protect your health.
Order the best CPAP Cleaners Online
Best CPAP Cleaner is the leading source for CPAP cleaner machines and accessories online. You can order the highest quality equipment from the comfort of your home, office, or anywhere that you have an internet connection.
Browse our complete collection, enjoy the best prices, and look forward to a new machine cleaner that will keep your mask and tubing free of harmful pathogens.