CPAP machines are an excellent way to treat sleep apnea. These CPAP devices can help people experience relief from the symptoms of sleep apnea. However, a CPAP machine can easily collect germs and bacteria. That is why it is important to keep your CPAP device clean. There are multiple ways to keep your CPAP machine clean, one of them is to use a CPAP cleaner.
Why It Is Important to Clean Your CPAP Machine
It is vital to clean your CPAP machine because if you don’t, you could be breathing in germs, bacteria, and mold. Your CPAP machine uses a humidifier which keeps the air warm and moist, but this also makes it a great place for bacteria and mold to grow. Using a dirty CPAP machine can lead to health concerns like allergy symptoms including a sore throat, running nose, cough, and more. You can also experience complications of mold and bacteria exposure if you fail to clean your CPAP machine.
Your CPAP machine is supposed to help you treat sleep apnea. You don’t want it making you sick instead. That is why it is essential to clean your CPAP machine regularly. To be sure you are keeping your CPAP machine clean, check out some of our tips below.
Tips for Keeping Your CPAP Machine Clean
Now that you know why you need to keep your CPAP machine clean, check out some of our tips on how to do that.
- Don’t Procrastinate – It is easy to put off cleaning and say you will do it tomorrow. However, when you put off cleaning your CPAP machine, it can lead to additional illness. Your CPAP machine is collecting germs every day, and you don’t want to wait until you get sick to start cleaning your machine. Don’t put off this task, even if it isn’t the most pleasant
- Make Sure You Clean Your Machine Regularly – With your CPAP machine, it is a good idea to create a regular cleaning schedule and stick to it. That will ensure that you are cleaning your CPAP machine regularly, and you don’t forget about it. You need to give your CPAP machine a good cleaning at least once a week, but you might want to get in the habit of cleaning your CPAP mask daily since it comes in direct contact with your face and mouth, so it more easily collects germs that you do not want to breathe in.
- Separate and Clean Each Piece Thoroughly – If you are cleaning your CPAP machine by hand, you must take it apart to be sure you clean each part thoroughly. You can do a better job when you clean the mask and tubing separately. You can also help your mask and tubing last longer if you give them a full cleaning on a regular basis.
- Clean Equipment More Often If You’ve Been Sick – If you or someone in your household has been sick, you will want to clean your CPAP machine more frequently. The germs and bacteria from the sick person can easily spread and collect in different places. To avoid getting sick or making things worse, you should clean your CPAP machine after every use.
- Use a CPAP Cleaning Device – If you are someone who doesn’t like cleaning or puts it off, you might want to invest in a CPAP cleaning device. A CPAP cleaner can help you keep your CPAP machine clean with little to no work for you. Buying a CPAP cleaning device will save you the hassle and time it takes to clean your CPAP machine. It will also kill 99% of germs and bacteria so that you know your CPAP machine is clean and ready for use. A CPAP cleaning device is the easiest way to make sure your CPAP machine is clean.
You can take the time every day to wash your CPAP machine by hand, but for many people, that is a pain, and they choose to invest in a CPAP cleaner.
Getting a CPAP Cleaning Device
CPAP cleaning devices are great because they do the work of cleaning your CPAP machine for you. If you are looking into purchasing a CPAP cleaner, you should consider VirtuClean. VirtuClean is a CPAP cleaning device that cleans your machine using ozone. This cleaning device gets rid of 99% of germs and bacteria. All you have to do is turn on the VirtuClean device, and it will clean your machine in just 30 minutes. The VirtuClean cleaning device is also great because it is a small, portable device. This CPAP cleaning device weighs only half a pound, so it is easy to take with you or store in small spaces.
If you are having trouble keeping your CPAP machine clean, you should check out a CPAP cleaner like VirtuClean. Learn more here.